View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: TOP: poker is one big game

Thank you. It should be noted that one important skill that alot of people never seem to learn is when its time to leave. They use artificial "markers" as to when to leave, i.e: "I've been at the table for xx hours" "I've lost/won xx amount of money" when you really should be thinking through the decision to stay or go such as "I feel tired, I'm probably playing at about 75% of my best game, but even at 75% I'm still profitting, but the guy in seat 4 appears to be gunning for me for some reason, but he's a donk, so I don't know how much of a threat he'll be. Annie Duke just sat down in seat 6 (ok, extreme example) and she appears to be gunning for me too, since I have tripled my max buy in. Perhaps I should leave." This is much more effective than "I'm over my goal for today, and I've been playing longer than the preset limit I have for myself today, so I need to go"

A little off the subject, but still, table selection and knowing when to stay and when to leave is an important part of the "winning formula".

JJ