View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: 270 Days Pretty Solid -- no run on the banks necessary

[ QUOTE ]
NFuego20,

As a lawyer, though not one with any expertise in banking regulations, my reading of the bill suggests that the regulations will mean everything in this area -- and thus your question is impossible to answer at this point.

However, this is the scenario I THINK will happen:

Neteller does nothing regarding its American customers until the regulations come out. The regulations will have specifications about the types of codes, etc. that must accompany "gambling transactions" to specify that they are indeed "gambling transactions".

Neteller, because it is a legit business that doesn't want to be an international "rogue", will not ban Americans entirely, but will simply stop transactions to and from Party, Stars, etc. Thus, I don't believe any money in Neteller is threatened either now or after the regs are passed. However, if the regs are indeed as complicated and difficult to enforce as the banks will claim, then it is possible that Neteller wil just shut off Americans because it doesn't want the added headache of dealing with these regulations. That will be a business decision that is impossible to determine at this point.

Finally, all of this means that simply depositing into Neteller will be meaningless, because Neteller will not process deposits into gaming sites anyway, even if they still allow Americans for general transactions. If this happens, it is quite possible that some other Neteller-esque site will pop up that will process Americans' transactions, but that is, of course, very speculative at this point.

In short -- my opinion is that your money in Neteller is not threatened right now, but don't expect to get around anything by simply making deposits now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill with your legal view in mind, at this point why would Neteller cooperate with the legislation? Would being considered a "rouge" company here in the United States really be of top concern from them?