View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Update Friday, September 29th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why everyone is viewing this as the end of online poker or their "job".. They are trying to block banks + credit card companies from making transfers to online gambling sites. This still leaves Neteller/Firepay/Moneybookers which are used for many other things other than online poker and there will probably be many other options opening up. There are just too many alternative ways to move money for them to stop us from playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also realize most fish probably arent currently using CC's anyways, they originally had to get a Neteller/Firepay account anyways, if they have to find a new method they'll probably find it.

Not saying this doesnt suck, but its possible not much could really change, we just dont know yet. It'll really depend on how cooperative other payment instruments are to US law, AFAIK a bank cannot block a transaction to something like firepay on the suspicion that you might be using it to gamble, so it would really rest on the payment instruments vigilance on enforcement.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first started playing, I tried to sign up with credit cards. I got calls from the credit card companies almost immediately telling me I couldn't do that. I managed to figure out neteller pretty quickly.

What worries me the most is that neteller will be banned as well. I don't think the christian right will be that happy if it's still easy to gamble online.