View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 CROSSPOST

[ QUOTE ]
Copied from legislation:

calling him will be less effective than calling the three Senate offices I listed. House chairs have less control than Senate chairs, and he is in the majority, so he will probably toe the line -- that's just how things operate in the House.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% Agreed. Copying your message from the other thread:

These people have jurisdiction over port security legislation on Senate side.

Susan Collins, Chairwoman Senate Homeland Security Committee: 202-224-2523 main office, 202-224-4751 committee office (this is the more important one to call)

Joe Lieberman, Ranking Member of same: 202 224-4041, 202-224-2627 (committee office, more important)

Daniel Inouye, Ranking Member, Senate Commerce Committee: 202-224-0411

I just called and they must be getting a lot of calls because they asked where people were getting their number from. KEEP CALLING!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called all 3.

Collins' office rep sounded happy, was receptive, said she would pass it along, sounded like she agreed, did not offer a comment on Collins' position.

Lieberman's office was receptive, asked me where I was calling from, I was honest (I'm not from Connecticut), but also said that I am concerned about the procedure being used by Frist and others. Lieberman is against adding this rider, and any other non-germane material. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inouye's office tried to redirect me to the office of Frist, but I said that I thought Senator Inouye would be interested for two reasons - this particular rider involves commerce, and it's also an underhanded tactic that has no place in our Senate. The person on the phone then said that Inouye is opposed to this rider.

GOGOGOGO BBV