View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 11:09 AM

Default 3/6 - Flopped OESD, Comments on my play

Second hand of a new 3/6 table in my local B&M. Two new players filled some empty seats in middle position and post, so the pot already has dead money. We are nine handed.

Hero is on the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Preflop:UTG calls, UTG+1 2 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

(How was the call PF. I'm on the button with suited broadway but KJ is kinda marginal. I was thinking pot odds here.)

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players, 14 SBs)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 2 bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 caps, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Okay, I've got an OESD on a rainbow board. I 3-bet the turn to build the pot and to set up a free card on the turn. Was that too laggy? Should I have smoothcalled since UTG+1 aggressive PF and on the Flop?

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players, 17 BBs)

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

I think UTG+1 was hoping I would bet so he could check-raise. MP2 was thinking about betting the turn but I started reaching for chips as if I was going to re-raise and he chickened out. I tap the table with the chips in my hand. I got my free card.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players, 17 BBs)

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, 2 folds, Hero 2-bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Results in white below:

<font color="white"> I quickly turn over the nut straight, UTG mucks, and UTG+1 turns over pockets queens for the flopped set and is pissed. Hero wins 24 BBs </font>

Comments on all streets appreciated.