View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 08:21 AM

Default Re: KK OOP - Paired Flop

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing to protect against? What if he had AsKs and picked up the flush draw on the turn. Or 99 hitting the full house on the river. Would you call the river if it was an A?.... - your hand is invincible, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Because nothing ever beats an over pair right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said or meant to imply my hand was invincible. I meant there are NO draws on this flop. Am I really worried about protecting against a backdoor flush or a two outer? This is as WA/WB as it gets.

Protection is not an issue in this hand at all. I want value when I am ahead and I want to lose the least when behind and hopefully get to showdown. If I bet or raise I still know nothing if he just calls and I have to c/f. If he raises I have to fold what could be the best hand.

Yes, I fold if an A comes. I bet if he checks behind at anytime.

I used to bet this flop almost 100% of the time. But, I was getting a fold or I was crushed. I took a different line here and I think a flop check is correct.

Betting the turn and river is debatable, but I didn't mind handing over initiative. I realize I may have to make a tough decision later in the hand, I don't mind that either. Granted, I didn't expect a huge overbet.

FWIW - I also think given my line and the way the hand went down the river is a call. Although, a little tough to make.