View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Re: A different sort of stats question

Hi OrigamiSensei,

First, don't worry about not winning 10% of the hands. If you are playing tight, you will often fold a potentially winning hand pre-flop. (ie 27o on a board that of 22277). At the 0.25/0.5 level, I remember some people would just about play any two cards and draw to anything. That strategy should lead to them winning more than 10% of the hands, but in the long term they will be hemoraging money since they lose chip so frequently.

Second, the thing that concerns me is that you win such a big percentage without seeing the flop. This obviously means you are not getting a lot of chips beyond the standard blinds.

Third, I grinded out several hundred bb at this level and your experience isn't what I remember. I rarely won any hands preflop because there was always some one willing to throw in a quarter to see the flop. You should definitely look for this in your table selection. A few overly loose players will do a world of good for your bankroll.

One last thing, session reviews are a big help. But you may also want to send some average and winning sessions as well. I have found some several big leaks on days where I was winning, and just got lucky a few times.

Just my two cents,

Leo

ps. Feel free to PM me. I have some time this weekend, and if you send me a session I will review it and give you some of my thoughts. But just remember, I am still learning myself.