View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: TOP: Obviously, tough players beat weak players

I think you underestimate the better player

Poker is a lot about reading people, and perhap a strong player that just sits at 25NL game will need time to adjust, but time in this case will be a case of one seesion. I doubt that it will take any longer to realize that most players are donks

Then he will just slid into the wait for the nuts and push style of the 25NL 'pro'and do at least as well as the 25NL 'pro'

And the thing is, that he like the 25NL 'pro' is not only able to stack of fish, he will be able to identify the 25NL "pro"'s at the table and beat them senseless, while it is more likely that fellow 25NL 'pro' repect eachother as being good players and mostly avoid clashes preferring to feed on fish.

This is kind of like a reverse 'If I played for higher stakes, where people would respect my raises, i'd be a winning player' argument

It is the 'Winning 1000$NL players only win because they play in an enviroment, where people respect their raises, they should try the 25NL' kind of thing.

But actually there is one reason that a highstake player might not do well at the 25NL .. He might simply not be able to take the stakes seriously and simple not play his A game'

When used to 500$ pot or bigger every hand, it is hard to get exited about a 3$ pot. Barry Greentstein mentions this among others. This has nothing to do with skill though.