Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 PM

Default Re: $20 Party Gammon Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone with a link on how to play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can CHEAT as many do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Far fewer people cheat than you might imagine, and it is relatively easy to test whether your opponents are cheating. If you get caught, you run the risk of having your balance confiscated, which has happend to many cheaters in the past.

For this risk, what hourly rate do you think you would make?

This is a lot like saying that everyone must be colluding in online poker because it would be possible using a cell phone or messenger. Actually, it's much easier to check whether someone is cheating in backgammon, but it's pretty easy to see that most poker players are not cheating, either.

[ QUOTE ]

Google for Backgammon free open source GNU bla bla program that also has analysis - there is one, I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Sure" means you are speculating. Does that mean we should trust what you say more, or less than what actual experienced backgammon players like 2-time world champ and 2+2 author Bill Robertie say?

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen people talking about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've seen people talk. Do you know enough about backgammon to tell whether the people talking were cluelessly speculating or had some real information?

I've seen two opponents cheat, but that is only two out of thousands of my matches and sessions. I check almost of my online money play, as do many other players, since the same analysis that tells me whether I played well tells me whether my opponent used a bot in the way you suggest.