Thread: FPHG Version 2
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: FPHG Version 2

(1) Are you using either a dual core processor or a processor that uses hyper-threading? Not a dual core but pretty sure it is hyperthreaded.

(2) Did you simply observe the 6 tables, or were they tables you were playing at. If playing, then do you still get the same problem when observing? I was playing - didn't try just observing.

(3) Is anything else using alot of CPU time at the same time (I think I've excluded this with my second test, but just to be sure). PAHUD, Poker Tracker, TimeBank AHK script... I have a decent PC though and 2 GB of RAM and it does not approach high CPU levels and Disk swapping seemed very low.

(4) If you open up the ".hhf" files created, is their any obvious spot where they are all hanging, or is it fairly random? Completely random - once it happened midway through writing the "Seat x: fdsfdsf 2000 chips" part

(5) On a similar note to (4), if you open the ".hhf" files, is the last hand complete or is it partial? All are partial

(6) When the problem kicks in and all the files seem to have been stopped getting written to, can you close down Party and look in the sub-folder called "live". Is their still files in their after you have closed down Party? (this assumes (5) isn't happening, and the files are hanging mid-way through the hands). Will need to check next time

If you want to throw a debug version with extra logging my way I'd do what I can to help you get to the bottom of this. I won't be able to try though until later tonight.

One more thing, I have my own program (Tourney Manager) and I set it to look in that folder to import the tourneys. It is pretty light but I wonder if it accessing the files while your program was writing to it could be part of the problem? It opens up the files as read-only so it really shouldn't cause a problem for FPHG but just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks,

rvg