View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Raising the river

On the AK hand, what was it about this opponent that made you go for a river lead? My default here would be to check-call his busted draw or let him pounce when you "show weakness." As played it looks like you maximized value but he put you in a tough spot.

On the 75 hand, I just call the river. I don't think you're squeezing anymore value out of this by raising and folding to further action. There are a few goofy straights he could have backed into on that board and the flush possibility probably isn't slowing him down. Plus based on the AK hand, you don't want to get blown off your 2pair if he gets frisky.

On the 98s hand, wow that preflop and flop action is scary. He raises out of BB, which many won't do w/o the goods, then he check-minraises a better and caller on a queen high flop? Would he do this with AQ/KK/AA? Would he raise out of the BB with an 8? I hate to see monsters under the bed but that sounds like a line many donks would take with QQQ88 or an A8 type hand. If he would raise out of the BB with an 8, then I'm raising the river. If he wouldn't then I'm calling... but it seems so weak.

KoW