View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: NEW RULES FOR OOT - please read.

[ QUOTE ]
OOT potential mods who were slighted when NT! was selected,

What are your positions on this subject?

[/ QUOTE ]
First, "slighted" is definitely the wrong word.

Second, I don't really understand this:

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I am sick of all the crappy posts about girls. From now on, anyone criticizing a woman in OOT will need to accompany his post with a photo of a woman he has stuck it to that is AT LEAST as hot as the girl in question.

[/ QUOTE ]
The first sentence is pretty obvious, clear, and nobody should have an argument with it. The second sentence, I just don't understand. If I want to criticize some woman, I need to somehow include my credentials or boost my credibility by posting an internet-equivalent of the hottest chick I've done? Huh? Why not just ban/suspend/title change the offending party? It seems that if the problem is, "I am sick of all the crappy posts about girls," the solution can be much simpler than, "anyone criticizing a woman in OOT will need to accompany his post with a photo of a woman he has stuck it to that is AT LEAST as hot as the girl in question."

As for alobar, he knew what to expect when he made his thread, and did it anyways, so that's fine.

Lastly, I'm not convinced that this is serious. The ridiculousness of the proposed solution and the coincidence of it being his 8k post are enough to keep my doubt significant.

EDIT: quick note, I caught alobar's thread post-banning and post-mod edit, so I just assumed he willingly crossed NT's new policy.