View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Basic Theory - Raising preflop

[ QUOTE ]
King Spew-

Interesting post. You're almost advocating a loose passive strategy ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks quark. First off, I would like to say that on this new Micro forum we are caught in a conundrum.... we need to understand that we are talking to beginners as well as seasoned veterans that for whatever reason, haven't made a permanent move to the $50 tables and beyond. There is a beginners section on this site, but I believe this section will get more beginner traffic as NL is the TV game and the beginner's section covers many different games really.

So my post was merely an attempt to show a different, yet successful way to play preflop. As you noted in your post (and I discovered in my DB also) Loose passives can win on the Micro tables.
Not all do though. As 4-2-it and others have suggested, postflop is where it's at, baby. Being loose-pass PF allows you to learn a post-flop game that you can take to the higher tables. When you move up, you will have to raise 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] PF; you will now have a fairly good idea how to handle that hand postflop under a variety of flops.

Quark, you touched on something I think is very valuable about this strat..... hand reading. I know my reading skills have improved since I stopped blasting every PF bet.

Lastly, it's kinda fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I get to play more hands. WHHhhheeeeeeeeeeeee! When I was practicing a TAG game earlier this year, I almost never hand a hand when the flop was J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against three opps. Now, I'm Da Playah that everybody fears has the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]