View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Default Re: tips for getting full-time offer on Wall St.

Ok thanks for the input. A couple of other things

1) Econ/Pricing/Strategic consultants, on average, get paid less then people both IBD and trading. No huge bonuses, less perks, but slightly better hours. Y/N?
2) If i get an offer in say one of the product groups how hard could it be to switch to trading? Is this at all possible, totally dependent on the firm/your perfomance etc.?
3) NajdorDefense - do you mind sharing where you worked straight out of undergrad and as I asked you before, what got you that first job if it wasn't for your resume/GPA? Was it all through networking/connections? Something else entirely different? Did you do something in college that separated you from the rest / what was the biggest strength of your resume?
4) Last question: An ibank made me an offer with a relocation bonus + sign up bonus if I sign before Middle of October. They also want my decision now. This is not a U.S. based bank but its very good, killing its competition, amazing corporate culture etc. Obviously, its smaller.
Having said all that, I still want to work on Wall St. Should I take my chances or go with the sure thing?

thanks