View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: $500 NL, Busted with 10 10. How did I play this?

[ QUOTE ]
Your shove is horrible IN GENERAL when someone chechk overcalls a bet from "a tight player" and then an all-in from another player. If however, you surmised that he had a hand in the range of JJ/A9 and was seriously questioning the strength of his hand then your play is actually pretty good given your read. It doesnt seem like this was your read, however, but rather your manifestation of hand win-rates and you believed TT should be good here a decent amount of time, but your logic is seriously flawed if your thinking this way.[/quote\]

Maybe there was some confusion in the OP. The button is a LAG that has been moving all in a lot with his small stack. So when he moved in, it didn't mean much to me. The BB is the tight player. Actually, JJ was exactly the hand that I put the BB on, but I also figured that QQ would have an incredibly tough call for $300 more. A lot of the posters interpreted his hesitancy to call as acting, but I didnt' think he was acting at the time. I thought that his hand wasn't that strong. So when I pushed, I was NOT hoping for a call, i.e., I knew that I didn't have the BB beat. The all in was to push the BB out and take the button heads up.