View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 09:08 AM

Default Re: $500 NL, Busted with 10 10. How did I play this?

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like your flop push. As played, you should treat your hand about like a pair of fives. You played for the set an missed. You only have $15 invested and a good villian is showing a bunch of strength. I think I would have released the hand and waited for a better opportunity if I was in your position. But, ideally, you wouldn't have been in that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I actually called $15 and then led out for $50 on the flop. So I had $65 invested. Then the button moves all in for about $30 more. Then the BB calls the $80. So I had to call $30 more with no one left to act behind me. I was going to call the $30 no matter what. So the pot was about $255 at this point. I was pretty sure I had the button beat. The only reason that I pushed here was to get the BB to fold, and that very nearly worked. So I don't see where a 'good villian is showing a bunch of strength.' If anything, the BB was showing weakness, and rightly so given that all he had was JJ in this spot. So my read of the situation was exactly right, wasn't it?