Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Coopers Australian Beer

I finally got around to sampling the Cooper's Sparkling Ale side by side with Flying Dog's Tire Bite Golden Ale. First, one of my favorite beers - Tire Bite. Flying Dog is a Denver based Microbrewery. Not sure how widely distributed it is. Tire Bite has a bright yellow gold color. When I poured it into my glass, it had a nice white head that lasted quite awhile. I really like the mouth feel - very full bodied. It's got a very sweet malt flavor with just a touch of bitterness. I give it 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The Cooper's Sparkling Ale is a bottle conditioned beer. It has a sediment of yeast at the bottom of the bottle. I poured the yeast into my glass. I think this probably affected the color. It is a bit lighter - more of a straw gold color. The head seemed thinner and didn't last as long as the Tire Bite. Also, the beer felt lighter and thinner in my mouth. It had a very acidic taste. This may have been due to the yeast or maybe it was more carbonated. It was little more bitter, and a little less sweet than the Tire Bite. IMO, This beer rates about 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].