Thread: New to HILO
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: New to HILO

[ QUOTE ]

Dealt to notluck [ Ac Ah 9h Qc ]

I have no clue what is a good call but i feel like my pre flop call was Horrible. Now the check raise flop is over thinking it and i should of bet. My question do i want to be all in on this type flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be cognizant of the value that nut flush draws add to a hand in order to play well preflop.

I simulated this hand against 4 opponents holding hands from the top 30% of all possible hands. You usually won't be up against 4 hands this strong, but you would have 23% equity even in this case. Compare this to 19.5% equity for single-suited and 15.5% equity for rainbow AAQ9. In fact, you hand does slightly better than AA39-rainbow.

This isn't a bad spot to be AI preflop. However, one advantage of this type of hand is that it is relatively easy to play well post-flop. You will get some flops where you can safely fold to significant action. You will also get a lot of obviously good flops, and you will get some flops where you can dominate or free-roll your opponents. This is where the real money is made in O8.

Effen