View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:15 PM

Default Re: 3+1 NFL Challenge - 2006: Week 3

I'm not putting any of my own money down on anything this week, but I'll go ahead with the 3+1 picks.

223 - $400 (Denver +7)
218 - $300 (Arizona - 3 1/2)
203 - $200 (Jags +7)
219 - $100 (Giants + 3 1/2)

Broncos have played the Pats well in recent past, but most of those games have been in Denver. Still, Denver has actually been a quality road team in non division games the past couple years, so I'm going to take the 7 and bank on Plummer getting it together a bit this week.

It's hard to feel good giving 4 1/2 points with Arizona against virtually anyone, but St. Louis minus some offensive lineman might be the ticket. Orlando Pace was upgraded from doubtful to questionable though.

Jags had the short week after a big Monday night win, which i think works against them, but the Indy defense has been questionable so far, and Dwight Freeney among others is apparently hurting a bit. Jacksonville has tended to play the Colts tough, and if they can run on them anything like the Giants did, I like their chances to cover.

I watched a good bit of the second half of Seattle/Arizona last week and thought they looked sloppy and unfocused on offense, like Hasselbeck's head wasn't in the game, although on defense their corners in particular appeared to be playing great. So I was thinking, if they look that sloppy against the Giants, they're going to lose. I vaguely remember the Seattle/Giants game from last year, and my recollection was that Seattle tried to lose, but the Giants wouldn't let them. I chickened out in my straight up pool and took Seattle, but my guess is this one comes down to the fourth quarter just like last year, so I'll take the points. Seattle also lost their starting LG for a while, the guy who replaced Hutchinson, although apparently the guy taking his place is a 1st rd pick from 2005.