View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: 3+1 NFL Challenge - 2006: Week 3

213/214 Under

This is a week that I'm probably going to get my cumuppance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I don't like too many games this week but for the contest of bragging rights why not? I'll probably do a few teasers.

I think the Packers/Lions game will be low scoring. Two teams that don't have very good offenses and a division rivalry game. Last year the Lions won in Detroit 17-3.

The only negative about the Jaguars is that they're coming off a big Monday night win. I think 7 is too many.

Laying 11 points is something I do so very, very rarely. I don't like to bet against the chumps and lay alot of points. But I'm gambling that we're looking at an exceptionally bad chump in the Titans. The Dolphins need this game at home badly and know they have a great opportunity to win. They'll have a lot of motivation to put this one away early and score alot of points. No way the Dolphins take this team lightly. The Titans have no offense. Kerry Collins has been worse than abysmal. My only worry about the Titans offense is Young using his skills to run and put a lot of pressure on Miami. A pretty crazy pick but the Titans are bad, very bad.

Here's something I rarely do as well. Pick a road team favorite in a division rivalry game. I think Smith will be back for the Panthers and will give them a lift. DeAngelo Williams gave the Panthers a nice spark in the running game last week. The Panthers played good defense last week and got beat on a turnover and gadget play. I'm gambling that Chris Sims is showing that he isn't really a very good QB. The Buccaneers have had a terrible time running the ball and passing the ball. They've given up alot of yards on the ground.