View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Reasons for quitting sessions early? help me

Nah, youre not sick bro. I was just gonna come here and write the exact same post. If I get up 4-5 BIs in the first hour or two, (today for example) I just bail and go do something else, but if I get stuck, I'll play for ten hours str8 trying to dig out. It makes absolutely no sense. I have 120+ BIs at my level, and I obv know that playing professionally is one LONG day so breaking it up by calendar days is kinda mental. I think its the var honestly, where one decision can cost you a stack or more, the downside of sticking around for an extra hand or two is pretty severe, but we obv shouldnt care about the money at all... that's what I loved about being backed, I was entirely focused on making the right decision, the money didnt matter one bit.

I'm def capable of putting in insane hours without losing much of my edge, so bailing when up a ton is costing me a good deal, esp (as you mention) if Im jetting when the games are good, which is often the case.

Anyway, Im really interested in solving this, so if you figure anything out, lemme know. Talk to Jman btw, hes had tons of +huge/-huge days (for better or worse) as he doesnt let himself consider the $$ until hes actually done.

[ QUOTE ]

"well, I have to go meet up with so-and-so soon, I don't want to leave on a sour note". and then I quit an hour or two early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh*t I do that all the time - lol.