View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Getting to Know You - Micros Edition

[ QUOTE ]
1% of the population and dominating the forums. Kind of puts some things in perspective, though I would seriously like to see Aaron's test, if he isn't ISTJ then there is something wrong with the test.

I think it clearly explains why Aaron's posts are so good on these boards because he counters the intuition so many of us rely on.

[/ QUOTE ]
In a Myers-Briggs, intuition does not mean intuition as we would traditionally use it. Normally, intuition would mean something you "just know." If you think it's going to rain tomorrow, and it does, that's intuition. That's not what we're talking about here.

If Aaron is indeed an S (sensing), Aaron receives information literally and concretely from his senses. If he can hear it, touch it, or see it, it is real to him. If Aaron is walking through the mall and sees a 300 pound girl, he is going to say "wow, she's fat." The N (intuition) person he's walking with is going to reply "that's nothing, you should have seen the woman I saw at Shoney's last night." The intuition is going to observe based on previous experiences, whereas the sensing person observes in a binary "it is or it isn't" state.