View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 09:47 AM

Default Re: I Follow Him to Serve My Turn Upon Him

Thanks for the comments, everyone, I'm pretty sure I misplayed this one. I didn't give Villain nearly as much credit as some here, and thought he would often have one pair or a weak two pair. My thinking was that I might be able to get a crying call on a blank river from these weak hands, and while it sucks sometimes if a heart falls, I also felt I could get one more bet from a good heart on the river, whereas he probably wouldn't call a turn raise even with one pair and the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], since his draw is not to the nuts.

In his position, he pretty much has to check-raise a set (though he really ought to lead it, a lot of people don't do that) on the flop, so I wasn't too worried about the board pairing, as he has at best four outs to a full house.

Anyway, I called, the river was a heart, and he check-folded to a bet of 1800. In retrospect, think with deep stacks and such a big hand, I need to worry more about getting paid off when he has a strong second-best hand and less about winning marginally more when he is relatively weak.