View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: *** Official Michigan lays the smack down on Notre Dame thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
As for the SEC, while there may be some really good teams (I honestly cant say that I have watched much SEC football this season), when I see a game that is 6-3 between the two best teams, I have to think that something stinks. I thought the exact same thing after watching Miami-FSU, and both of those teams have been exposed as frauds. I realize that defense wins championships, but offense is important too, and if you cant put up more than 6 points in a game, you obviously have shortcomings. With playmakers on Michigan (Breaston, Hart, Manningham) and OSU (Smith, Ginn, whoever their RB is), whatever SEC team UM/OSU would be matched up against are going to have to score some points to win the game. A team that was truly dominant and one of the best teams in the country shouldnt win or lose games 6-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get the chance, watch the SEC teams. There is a reason people are referring to the LSU/Auburn game as the best 7-3 game they have ever seen. This was no Miami/FSU.

As for playmakers,
tOSU is as good as anyone, but I'm not sure Michigan stacks up well verse
Auburn: Cox, Irons, and Taylor
LSU: Russel (Flynn), Broussard & Vincent, Bowe Davis & Doucett
Florida: Leak (Tebow), Wynn, Baker & Cornelius
Tennessee: Ainge, Foster (when healthy), Meachem & Swain
Georgia: Stafford, Brown, Massaquoi

Michigan is ahead of Georgia and slightly better than Tennessee (definitely better with Foster out) and behind the other 3 in playmakers IMO.