View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Stud Tourney Structure Advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going down Wednesday for the stud8 tourney. Looking at the structure it seems quite loose compared to what we're used to in cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ive played in some stud 8 tourneys, but not many. the structure is definitly something you may feel uncomfortable with considering most of us play just cash games.

just run good in multi-way pots.. poker is easy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying you think the play will be looser? And if so, correctly looser given the antes already in the pot? And if so, how much would you push that (HI only tourney)?

[/ QUOTE ]

well.. anybody who plays correctly should be playing looser to begin the tournament because unfortunately in stud tourneys the ante's jump up quick, only because the game plays soo slow comparatively to other games.

eventually it becomes a 1 or 2 hands and you're doubled up or on the rail for a few levels.

i certainly would rather go out early or get a ton of chips even moreso in stud than holdem tournaments, it just makes your life so much easier when the antes are killing everybody else and you can sit back and be a little more selective, as they start to loosen up to get chips.