View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: I Follow Him to Serve My Turn Upon Him

A thinking opponent will piece together the action. Thought process: Limps button, raises flop. And raising on turn, unless he has a flush also, letting the board pair isn't going to matter as far as extracting chips on turn.

Yes, free cards are horrible. I don't dispute that. However, there are only 12 outs that pair the board on river giving Villains probable FH's or quads. and in this instance, he should have 2 of them in his holding. If Villain has a flush OR set, he will probably bet the river and is more likely to anyway if he does have a flush or thinks Hero doesn't have one.

If you raise turn, he's flatcalling with his sets and reraising his smaller flush(maybe) or even mucking it. the hands you don't want to fold turn will, sometimes, fold to the raise. And you get the same number of chips that your raise would have gotten a cold-call from, on the river when Villain bets out his flush or set.

The turn card is a heart, and it is a 4. If you raise turn, you will cause Villain to think about WHY you raised and what with.

Fair enough, raising is a standard option. And you might get some 3-bets. But how likely is that to happen?