View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: AA at NL25: Probably simple, but I\'m new to NL and was lost

[ QUOTE ]
Villain called your flop raise then open leads a safe looking turn with a small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might look safe from his perspective, but, FWIW, it didn't look safe to me. Except for a diamond, a jack is the worst card that could've fallen for me, I think.

Like I said, though, I wasn't really sure what to make of Villain's play. "Does he want me to raise again?" I was thinking. I doubted he saw the jack as a scare card (even though I think it sort of is). I also felt he had a pretty good idea what I had.

So, yeah, his turn lead could be a blocking bet, but I'm not sure I've seen so many $6+ turn blocking bets at NL25. People seem to try min-betting or betting $1 instead.

Anyway, one problem I had during the hand is that there was no precedent for it. Villain hadn't faced a raise to $7 at the table before, and I believe this hand contained both his first and his second donkbet at the table (I'm saying I don't think he'd done that before).

Edit: Actually, the lack of precedent suggests I should be worried, but the thing is, I only had 40 hands on Villain, which is a pretty small sample.