View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: TCU OWNS the Big 12...

I respect your sports opinions for the most part...and you had some decent things to say in your post. But this...

[ QUOTE ]
TCU doesn't own the big XII until they go into College Station and win a big game there or beat UT anywhere etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

...is ridiculous. TCU went to NORMAN and won a big game there...OU >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> > Texas A&M. And TCU keeps beating everyone in the Big 12 who will schedule them. They FINALLY got Texas to agree to play them next year. It's unfortunate that the Frogs will have the brand new QB while Colt McCoy will already have a year under his belt. But if they find a way to win that game anyway, in Austin (cause of course UT wouldn't give us a home-and-home, just one game in Austin)...then at that point, they do OFFICIALLY own the Big 12.

As it stands, yeah - maybe Tech isn't as good as they've been in years past. At this stage it's hard to tell how much is Tech's offense not being as great and how much is TCU's defense being really good. But why try to take things away from them? They went into Norman last year, beat a top 5 team at their place...the first September loss of Stoops' career at OU and only the second home loss of the Stoops era. That's a big deal...were they as good as they were at the end of the season? No. But neither was TCU (they got WAY better the moment Jeff Ballard took over for Tye Gunn at quarterback).....so what's your point?

The Tech game...first time in 6 years they've been held to such few points. Texas's D hasn't held them down like that, nor A&M's, nor Oklahoma's or Colorado's or Nebraska's...maybe they'll prove to be a really bad offense this year and those schools will all have success stopping them just like TCU did. But until they do, why knock down the achievement?

We're damned if we do here...if TCFuckinU stops someone or shuts them down -- it MUST be because that team just isn't very good...and even if that team does good things at other times in the season (like OU beating Oregon), it's "well, they weren't very good WHEN they played TCU." This is exactly the disrespect Gary Patterson's talking about and getting sick of...I think rightfully so. I realize I'm a fan and I'm biased. Such is life.

Baylor...last year was their best since joining the Big 12. I think this season will eclipse that, but I could be dead wrong. I think they're not quite the laughingstock they used to be...that's how I should have put it. They just happen to be the fourth Big 12 team we've beaten over the last two years.

ISU...no, not a GREAT team (but I never claimed that they were). Just a team that easily could have won a division in a BCS conference...albeit a weak division.

The point is...TCU never seems to earn any respect. Year after year they drop 15 spots in the rankings just for HAVING an offseason, people continually doubt them and treat them like a second-tier program...when in actuality they are better than most "big conference" programs year in and year out over the last 8 years (since the beginning of the Franchione-Patterson era).