View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Which Bluff(s) Worked?

These posts are sweet, Mike.

#1: As someone alluded to already, it really depends on just how thin your river value bets tend to be; if you're routinely v-betting AK, putting him on AQ/AT or whatever, and Empire knows this, then I think this one gets close. In general, tho, I think you're getting looked up a lot here b/c it's kind of a fishy board for you to be v-betting river, no? So I'll go w/ no on this one (even tho I suspect that you won since you posted it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

#2: I think this one probably worked, but only because you got the perfect bluffing card on the river. I like the size of your river bet, but I am not particularly fond of your flop call . . . at least have a gutterball doooood!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

#3: This one might work sometimes, but I think that if villain has an overpair he's gonna put you on a big ten or a middling pocket pair looking to knock AK out on the flop and look you up quite often. Me no likey, I think you got called.

(By the way, speaking of river overbets, this is a great spot for one, imo, if you use the tactic often enough. If not, I still like a bigger bet, say $1500-$1700. Your river bet size kinda reps a set to me, and a set bombs the turn, no?)

[Edited for clarity cause I'm kiiiiiiinda outta my gourd right now . . . and thusly it's still prolly not too clear [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]]