View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Demon 2 Feedback Thread

First off, absolutely loved the game. I'm pissed that I never got killed so I couldn't be in any of the write-ups.

My feedback:

- I like time limits, especially at the beginning
- I don't like the fact that I could have to switch sides in the middle of the game by possession; it's not fun to play most of the game as one side, and then have to switch to the other by the end. It also tends to make the end game more of a guess. I think a limited amount of possessions by the bad guys would be better, maybe even just restricted to diabolist/diabolii.
- I'm OK with some unknown powers (like the interrogation, exorcism, infernal will), but the one that screwed up the demon count or other things we are told at the beginning I did not like at all. If the amount of demons in the game was going to be flexible, we should not have been told there were four. It makes trying to backtrack the game not worth the effort, since you don't have enough information. What may also be good is if these powers could be revealed in their entirety at some point in the game (maybe a librarian character or something).
- That having been said, I loved most of the special powers in the game. It's a shame most of them never got used, but the powers that allow the invoker to be creative (like infernal will) are easily my favorite. I suggest that you make an effort to spread them out to more players, as opposed to letting the diabolist have all of the fun. This will allow more people to feel involved at the beginning of the game too.

Again, loved the game, and am definitely in for Demon 3.