View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Weightloss Challenge? Any interest?

25 / Male / 296 / 220

I'm 6 foot 1 and have a lean body mass of 200 pounds, I'd ideally like to get back to 220 where I was somewhat healthy. But I jsut want to lose the weight so that I will more energy, be more active, and be a happier person. And to prove to myself that I can do it. I've never had to lose this much weight before and well I'm not getting any younger.

Exercise: Continue doing high intensity hill climbing 3x a day for 40+ minutes. Start and maintain a weight lifting program (even though I hate weights) Keep a blog of my activities-journey. Eventually get up to running 2 miles a day twice a week. Join a rec basketball league, do some pushups, and situps (proper technique)

Diet: Eat 6 small meals a day. Completely eliminate eating fast foods as hard as that might sound. Try to go a month without it. Learn how to cook some more easy dishes. Drink 8+ glasses of water a day to prevent more kidney stones and stay hydrated. Eliminate juices and pops. And reward myself once every week with something I want to eat (not fast food).

Mentally: Stop letting my conscience take control of what I want. I am my own master. Stay disiplined. Stay active. Be happy more, and not happy less.

Chicago