View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Searching for a better way to play QQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is fine. This is the right amount of action against most opponents and against some opponents I might even put in more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt this seem to be a little bit of an over play though, considering the flush and my preflop action he can beat queens here 100% of the time i think. EDIT: He might have Aj here on occasion, but he knows my stats being a tag that is the only hand i can put him on other than one that beats me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being results-oriented. You bet into him on the flop, which is a line designed to induce action, and he gives it to you. His range there certainly includes the hands that you're afraid of, but it also includes things like AJ, TT, overcards (especially with a flush/staight draw), and QTs. Yeah, certain of those hands are less likely to have capped the action preflop, but as we've seen based on what he showed down here, he doesn't need AA or AKs to make that preflop cap, at least not in position in BSB warfare. So the 3-bet is fine.

He then raises you on the turn, which is troubling, but you'll still see AJ or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] plenty often enough to make the calldown.