View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Am I Spewing in the river?

Sushi: To be honest I'm mostly talking about the cases where we bet the flop/turn because we're clearly supposed to. But either way there's just not a lot he can have that's worse and pays off. Since we're such an underdog to win against his legitimate hands, I'm fine with just letting it check through. If we had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and paired the nine I'd be more inclined to bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks for the comments everybody. In hand 1, the guy called down a lot, but he didn't seem to play awful preflop hands. I think its a fair bit more likely that he has an A, Q, or pocket pair than not having one of those. Meaning, that even with my nut flush draw I don't think I'm a favorite to win this hand. So if he's very likely to call me, and I'm likely to be a dog right now, I don't think I should bet into him.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's that weak-tight you should still bet this raggy flop, but possibly with the intention of check/calling the turn and c/f the river UI.