View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: My comments on WSEX\'s latest update and the missing names in the HH\'s

Your comments are very well-reasoned. You seem to have a vision for your business and you have been kind enough to share it with us. That makes you twice unusual in an industry that abhors being honest with its customers.

Thank you very much!

[ QUOTE ]
All of a sudden it is clear who wants it to study their own play and who wants it to profile other players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I will be honest--I want to study my own play, I want to datamine, but I don't want anyone else to be able to datamine [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Of course I can't have what I want but I really appreciate what you have done. I'd still be stuck in the microlimits if I couldn't study my play. That's the truth and it makes hand histories essential and storing them to hard drive instead of email makes the game much nicer to play.

No datamining is good for the game and good for your business. It's got all the apple pie virtues that have been discussed. Your site should be fun for the fish and profitable for good players. Can't ask for better than that.

I have one very serious concern. Software workarounds may be developed to allow names to be associated with hand histories. Or someone may develop a tool for datamining directly from the screen/client without using your hand histories. I'm sure a dozen bright people around the world are already working on it.

That would be totally unacceptable. I won't play on a site where some people datamine and use HUDs but I can't. Unfair and intolerable. You have to ensure that your new playing field remains level.