View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Whiskeytown\'s Reply

[ QUOTE ]
You can believe whatver you want, flying pigs and unicorns included.

Here is a failed prophecy from the NT:
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Matthew 24: 34)
This prophecy is repeated in Mark 13 and in Luke 21.
It is clear by now that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D. by the Roman General Titus. And, it is clear that Jesus has not come 2000 years later and none of the generation that witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem is still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

out of context without a study of the word "Generation", your claim is almost true....

but you have neither right context nor study of the word - so yes I will continue to believe what I wish.

the verse is a reference to the end times, in fact, each chapter is a whole exposition on the end of the world and before that verse in each reference is discussion of what the people in the end times will see and the generation is also translated as the generation that sees the end times - basic english really if you put a couple lines in front of that.

the destruction will be so bad folks will believe that no one will survive - he assures them some will.

Generation has additional meanings in the light of the word as "nation" though some greek translators disagree-

but "this generation" isn't the audience - it's the one he's describing will be around in the end times.

so no, if the last days have not occured, then the prophecy is still open to be fulfilled.

rb