View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 PM

Default ($22r) Early on, starting hand questions (Kinda long)

Ok, so I understand that the questions I am going to ask are going to be so obvious for most they will seem silly. But I have really been struggling with my game lately and I need to start figuring out what is hurting me so much.

Earlier, I read in a post where someone posted there entire HH and had people comment on it I was surprised by one response that made me question a lot about the early stages of my game. It was early in Level 1 and Hero was holding AJo in MP with a couple limpers and a common response was to fold this hand. This surprised me very much as I would play this every time in an unraised pot from that position as well as a few hands weaker than that.

Now I understand that Tight-Aggressive is the commonly accepted play for early in SNG's but am I really supposed to be playing that tight where in the early stages I'm only playing hands such as TT+, AKs? I've been searching for answers to this question but haven't come up with any so I'm putting pride aside and coming to terms that I understand even less than I originally thought on SNG's.

I'm studying with SNGPT for the later stages of the tournaments, but I think after coming to this website that I need a lot more work on the first few levels.

I guess what I'm looking for here is maybe some loose guidlines or another source of information to help me fix this problem. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.