View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Only PAN Can Save Mexico

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you get this number. It is a ridiculous number.

[/ QUOTE ]
An estimate from history. Perhaps you have not heard but there was a war called WW2. After the war, the USSR built a barrier around Berlin to keep people from fleeing. It was quite effective. The 2% is an estimate of illegals that succesfully tunnel under or successfully avoid the US Coast Guard. Feel free to offer your own numbers and support them with historical examples...

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to show that they might not be illegals. Maybe they were legal residents or Americans. (the hit-and-run accident)

[/ QUOTE ]
I conceded there was a 2% chance they might have been legal. I think the 2% is a rather generous number. You can play your defense attorney games and play devil's advocate. Doesn't matter to me. The fact is most Americans in border states would agree these 4 men were probably illegals. What you think won't persuade me or others for that matter.

[ QUOTE ]
It is too expensive and it doesn't really stop immigration (definitely not 98% as you say). There is too much support for immigrants right now in America for those bills to pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow! This statement proves to me your reason are 100% emotional and 0% logical.
1. The wall will cost a few billion which is CHEAPER than the cost of housing prisoners, deportations, and the millions of lost revenue from illegalswelching on their hospital bills. The county hospital for Dallas sent a bill to the Mexican Govt for $22 million for unpaid bills. The Mexican govt won't pay but it illustrates the abuse by illegals just in the city of Dallas.
2. Polls have shown that the majority of Americans want a clampdown on immigration. The US Senate tried to axe the House Bill but public anger at the Senate forced them to backdown.
Friend.....your living in a dream world.

[ QUOTE ]
And a big chunk of them are afraid of using America's public health system and all of that, because they are afraid of being caught.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true. I already cited the abuse in Dallas. In California they have closed a dozen+ emergency room in southern California.

[ QUOTE ]
If you mean illegal Mexicans in America, then I don't think they have disrespected America.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. They have disrespected the American healthcare system by using services and not paying their bills.
2. Illegals disrespected the USA bye engaging actively in the American politcal system. Some fool cities like San Francisco even let illegals vote.
3. Hit-and-run accidents. (This can be proven by math. Insurance actuaries charge more for unisured accidents in border states).
4. Criminal activity (I do expect some crime but there are FAR too many illegals in US prisons...25% is the figure I heard).
I don't fault them for breaking US immigration laws because if I lived in Mexico I would do the same thing. But I do fault illegals for primarily for meddling in US politics. E.g. Publically demonstrating against 287 in California.