View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Re: My first 100,000 hands at 5/10. Where can I improve?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO the turn is the most important street in FLHE and if you don't have a good sense of where you are by that point in a hand to make confident decisions either way, you are leaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, but how does that translate into having a higher AF than the flop?

it would be almost impossible ot play "correctly" and have a higher AF on the turn.

i mean, you would have to c-bet less, protect your hand less, push your big draws less on the flop, and then wake up on the turn.

or you would be bluffing/semibluffing more on the turn.

i'm thinking of games (1/2 or, now, because i suck at limit, .5/1) where it is often pf raise and 3 others call. being more aggro on the turn than the flop would mean i'm betting/raise more on the turn, where most of the time i have ace high, draws complete, overcards come, etc.

it just seems like such a losing strategy.

but i would love to see you post a detailed explanation of this, with HH examples, etc because I am curious

[/ QUOTE ]
Well at least I've started some debate regarding concepts rather than events. Really, I don't have a clear explanation on why my turn aggression is higher, or even that I am winning because of this. I also don't want this confused as "playing the flop passively is a great idea" either. Realistically, I can't blame you for continuing your own winning style and rejecting mine--but I think it is a mistake on your part if you ignore concepts simply because they are different.
I know my stats by heart, they haven't changed in over a year, 36/14/1.9 and I rarely see anyone at the tables with the same.