View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Risking your stack with a small edge.

Hi. Had a hand that I needed some help on. I have played limit for eight months before deciding to try NL earlier this month. I have only 1300 hands at NL, so still quite new.

Villian in this hand is LAG. Playing 70% of his hands. In the 2 orbits since I sat down he has busted after moving in with a gutshot + overs vs a set, rebought and ran his stack to 26$ with some good hands and big overbets chasing people out of pots, then fell down to around 11$ with other crazy plays.

It's Pacific so have to enter the hand manually.

Pacific Poker 0.05/0.10 blinds no limit.

Stacks: Hero $9.75 Villian $11.6

Hero is MP1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG calls .10, 1 fold, Hero raises to .40, 2 folds, sb folds, Villian calls in bb, UTG calls.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets $11.20(all-in), UTG folds, Hero?

Less than 1% chance of a flopped flush so my read was a high club. I figure the flush draw with an overcard to my QQ, so I have to dodge about 12 outs twice.

Call as a slight favorite or fold and wait for a better spot? Thanks for any replies.