View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Results

My thinking when SB bet the river went something like this: "Could he have just made trips? I guess it's possible. Maybe I should call. What's MP1 doing calling, though? Can I really overcall here? I mean, MP1 could have a better straight that he decided to trap with when SB led the turn. Or maybe he wasn't trapping so much as he was scared of the flush, especially after I raised. His call does mean I'm getting about 3:1, though."

So I was about to hit "call," but then I reminded myself that my turn raise represented at least the hand I had, and yet SB was practically potting the river anyway. I thought, "Eh, he just boated up (with, say, JT) and wants to get paid."

So I ended up folding, and I waited for verification that I made the right decision at showdown.

Unfortunately for me, what I saw instead was the pot going to SB's K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

For his part, MP1 had J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Oh well. I wondered afterwards if my fold was a mistake, and I'm glad to hear it was reasonable. I did also wonder afterwards if SB was intentionally bluffing or not, but I don't know the answer to that.