View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Should the tape of Steve Irwin\'s death be released to the news med

[ QUOTE ]
Sure why not...and while we're at we should release all the tapes from killers and rapists...hey child molesters too...we wouldn't Borodog to miss out on anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the insinuation. Because watching a person get stung by a stingray is exactly analogous to watching rapists and child molestors at work.

[ QUOTE ]

Lets release it so his daughter, and I'm sure she'll find out that the only reason he was filming stingrays is so the footage could be used for her tv show, can watch her father die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh . . . what?

[ QUOTE ]
As someone who's seen a person get speared..albeit thru the leg... with a stingray barb...your wont see anything. It moves incredibly quick and then is gone...there is hardly any blood or anything. So basically the only reason you'd want to watch it is to get to see a person die--which isn't my cup of tea but I'm sure it is for a large # of the losers who frequent OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Human beings are fascinated by death. You've never watched the Zapruder film? You clicked away every time CNN showed Dale Earnhardt's car hit the wall?

The fact that there's no blood or gore makes me more inclined to watch, not less. If he'd been torn apart by a shark, I'd be much less interested in seeing it. I'm curious. How big was the ray? How fast was the strike? Did he see it coming? What must he have been thinking in the immediate aftermath? If you don't wonder these things or things like them, you seem pretty inhuman to me.

For the record, I'm sure there are plenty of gorey videos of people getting killed on the internet, and I have no desire to watch them. But I would watch this one. If that makes me a sick [censored], so be it.