View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Beginners Common Mistakes

Since this thread is still up, I'll add another comment.

Inability to lay down a hand. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc best.

If you have played a while, you probably had a streak where you were playing well and made some $$$. (I'm not talking upside variance or on a 'heater')

I'm talking about a time when you were making GOOD decisions. Laying down TPTK against aggression.

Example: AK on a K T 8 rainbow board against a large bet or re-raise. Laying it down is hard to do, but you can be up against KT or a set of T's or 8's. It's plays like this that keep the good players in +EV,,,,,,$$$.

Good players can laydown AA off the flop against huge aggression, beginning players cannot. It's tough to do, but as you probably have found out, you have lost to a set many times with this hand as well as with KK.

Your hand PF = AA and raise. Get called w/TT. Flop is Q T 3 Rainbow. Looks good for a hugh bet or maybe an AI right???

When we lose a hand and go on slight tilt, it's easy go get tunnel vision and only see our 'sucker' end of the str8, Q high flush or our TPTK.

Basicially, you/we need to be on 'top' of our games at all times, EVERY hand. Good players also have good concentration.......HOURS.

Best of luck...