View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Dealer calls time on player

[ QUOTE ]
If the players at the table cared about the guy taking time of the hand, they would have called the floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not always true.
I have never called time on a player.
I don't want to be the one who is pretty much saying, "Dude. Hurry up" even though I have had several situations where I really wish the player would stop stalling and just make his decision.

I've played 3/6 limit with WPT-wannabe's who I felt like calling 'time' on almost every freaking hand. I didn't though because I didn't want to create any bad feelings. I would just let the bad player sit there and stew over his $6 decision and hope he would make it sometime this century OR that somebody else would call time.

If calling time on a player was somehow done anonymously (a little button that nobody would know I pressed) I would be calling 'time' a lot because there are so many players who take entirely too long for routine decisions.

I agree with youtalkfunny.
The guy had over 2 minutes to start,
THEN got a warning that we can't take all freaking day,
THEN the floor was called,
THEN he had a full minute count-down.

Do you really want to give players 5 minutes or longer to stew there on their own without any warning at all.
2 minutes seems like plenty of time to me before the dealer wakes him up a little bit and reminds him that we're all waiting.

As I said, I'm reluctant to call time on another player..especially when I'm not in the hand.

So I appreciate the dealer taking action here when it's become obvious that the player had plenty of time and needs to act.