Thread: bodog 10/20
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: bodog 10/20

Hey,

I don't really like MY check on that turn too much after I did it (I am Calculoso, funnily enough). The reason I did it was, in fact, pot control though - I put you on a much stronger hand on the flop than 66, nothing smaller than TT. When the turn 6s comes out as a spade, I checked after your check to A) make it look like it was a scare card for me - if I fired another shot here (putting you on TT) I don't think you can call. and B) give myself value on the river in case that you did have a hand like TT, JJ, etc. at which point you could call a value bet looking play on riv as a complete miss on my part.

I didn't raise the riv since I didn't think there was anything that I beat that you would call with... I didn't put you on set on flop (really I don't know why you called) since you didn't try to c/r my c-bet and get any of the other guys out who may have had straight or flush draws. That said I didn't really put you on full house (dangerous to give table a free card on the 234 flop) but figured you arent calling a raise with a losing hand.

So, I don't like my turn check too much but I misjudged your flop call. Please reply with any of your additional thoughts on this.