Thread: bodog 10/20
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Re: bodog 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
Bodog 10/20 9 handed

I have 66 MP, limp call a $90 from the button, two other callers one behind on in front of me, 4 way to the flop

My read on the button raiser is hes a tight passive-yet-overplaying idiot like everyone in the game.

$2200 stack, pf raiser covers

Flop is: 2 3s 4s

I check call $300, HU to turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate your check-call here. I wouldn't think he would normally continuation bet (with a hand you beat) with 3 other players having seen the flop.

If you are excited by that flop (which you really shouldn't be), you should bet into him. Check-call seems horrible, but I certainly wouldn't argue with an occasional semi-bluff here. Of course, this assumes that you would play your sets the same way. To bet is OK because you are usually taking the pot down right there when he has a missed A high or a hand like 99, but check-calling seems terrible.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: 6s, check check

Hmm thats weird thought hed bet, maybe AA/KK no spade

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world would he bet??? If he has any AA or KK, he would probably check.

Now given he has the nuts, it was kind of foolish for him not to bet. Especially because the 6 put 4 to a straight out there. But I don't think you were putting him on a flush.

[ QUOTE ]

River: 4

I bet $700 he smooth calls with AsQs

How did I mess this up. I figure I should get raised here about 100% of the time. Am I crazy? Check raise river +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your bet was the right play. There is no way you can know he has the nut flush. It seemed like he was a cautious opponent playing pot control with a big pair, so betting $800-900 is fine.