View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Did you win a seat in the ME via internet tourney??

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity and to plan for next year or thereafter may I ask you a few questions about your tourney that won you your main event seat?

1. What site did you win on?
2. What was the buyin?
3. How many entrants?
4. How many times did you try and qualify for the seat?
5. If you recall, can you tell me if there were many instances where you had to put a bad beat on others during the tourney to make it all happen?
6. Would you say you had good prior success in MTTs prior to winning your seat?
7. Any interesting comments to share otherwise about your qualifier?

Thanks for taking time to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Full Tilt
2) $150 SNG -> $1060 MTT
3) 72
4) 3 weeks... probably about 20 satellites. This was my first shot at the $1060.
5) Sort of a bad beat - down to 3 tables, 4 limpers (not typical), I limp in CO with QJ, flop top two, UTG overbet shoves, I call, he had AA and my hand holds. I cruised to the final table from that point.
6) I don't play that many. Biggest score was a ~800 person $22 on Party, came in 6th for $500ish.
7) It took about 2 hours to get to the final table. Once we got there, we got down to 7 really quickly, but with 6 seats awarded, we were on the bubble for 1.5 hours. Two people survived elimination by coming from behind. The chip leader going in ended up bubbling in 7th. I open-shoved like 15 times during the bubble and was never called.