View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: 15/30 Limit Omaha hi/lo Battle Of The Blinds

My holding of A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against the following hands:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (I have 56% equity)

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (I have 56.5% equity)

Those are ideal situations where he has complete rubbish. Let's give him a semi-reasonable hand (especially considering all the folds around to us, it's not implausible that he also has an Ace in his hand)

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (now my equity is down to 46.4%)

Hell, even if he has 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] only gives me a 4% equity advantage over him.

The problem with my holding heads-up is that it's essentially a one-way hand most of the time, and rates to split most pots.

Yes, I have a suited Ace, but I also have three diamonds, reducing my flush possibilities. I have straight possibilities, but all relatively low. I'd much rather dump the 7 in my hand and take a card 10 or higher, then I'm in much better shape on a number of flops.

Still, given the action, you believe a fold on the river is best? Do you believe he actually has something here?

He checked the flop, as did I. Then all of a sudden he leads the turn, which really couldn't have helped him much, unless it gave him a draw. And if it did give him a draw, the offsuit King on the river didn't complete that draw, so he'd be forced to bet with a whiffed draw, to try and take it down (especially since I haven't shown any strength in the hand up until that point)