View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: SSH Hand charts and VPIP/PFR

[ QUOTE ]
download pokerstove
you can select all the hands you want and it shows you what % of total hands they represent

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but the chart varies by position, and by the action in front of you, so pokerstove won't answer the question quickly. It will be very helpful in speeding up the calculations though. I'm realizing this actually works out to be a pretty complicated probability question.

I figure you'd start by figuring out the VPIP and PFR range UTG (which would be easy), then assume someone in front of you had those stats, and calculate your percentages from UTG+1, weighted by how likely it is you're facing a raise or not. Then move on to UTG+2, etcetera. It would be pretty complex by late positions though. On the other hand you would end up with numbers from each position.

I don't advocate playing by the charts to the letter, but I am interested to know what your VPIP would be from, say, MP2, if you did, and all your opponents did as well. It would be one more interesting baseline to compare my actual play to.

If noone else has taken up the challenge within the next couple of days then I guess I will, but considering how much time people put into COMPLETELY useless probability calculations on this board, I assumed there'd be someone here who'd jump at this complex, interesting, and only MOSTLY useless probability calulation [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]