View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Pittsburgh vs. Miami GAME ANALYSIS

Pittsburgh is going to be blitzing the heck out of Culpepper who's going to be gun-shy with the pass-rush and his surgically prepared knee, especially considering he isn't going to be comfortable on a new team and hasn't seen a real game since October. Bill Cowher is one of the great coaches in his ability to prepare and scheme for his opponent, which obviously he's had all pre-season to do. While I think that Miami will be good, they seem to be everyone's Cinderella team this year and are over-hyped. Not to mention they're IN Pittsburgh.

Also, everyone thinks that Ronnie Brown is going to be the next big thing, but he's only split carries for one season. Miami gave most of the grind-it-out carries to R. Williams, allowing Brown to inflate his ypc late in games and in good running situations.

On the flip side, while I think Big Ben is in better condition than Culpepper because he has no arm/leg issues, he's missed some pre-season time, as has Hines Ward. Anyone know Ward's status for this game?

In the end though, I think the Steelers will cover.