View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: 10/20 - AA - turn pairs Q; ABC player donks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, bad fold; or Nope, no thoughts, good fold; or Nope, no thoughts--full stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the blunt reply but I was trying to express how bad the fold was.

Basically you can't fold here for many reasons.

1.) First and foremost, the pot is now 9BBs after his bet. So, assuming he bets the river, you only have to be correct to call this down 1 in 5. (2BBs to win 10).

His hand range is still much wider than you think. I've seen players meeting this description betting almost any pocket pair in this situation including a slowplayed KK. I see them make this move all the time with middling pairs they are too scared to play hard on the flop or before the flop like 77 and even JJ. I've also seen this done with AK believe it or not. It isn't a move, he just thinks he's ahead.

It also could be a missed hand. You said it yourself that you've folded hands you've raised preflop. The turn donk is the most common "bluff" from a player like this. This is online 10/20, even this sort of player donk bluffs from time to time on a scare card.

2) If you start folding in these situations with your good hands, it means you are with your A high hands as well and people, maybe not him, but other players are going to take notice and start taking shots at you. Folding here, even if it is even EV, or slightly -EV (which it isn't) might still be bad for metagame purposes.

And dude, if your WTSD is 45, WTF man. Mine is 38 and I think this fold is bad. Are you like a 19/14/1.5 type dude?